Volunteer Interest Form
To facilitate the process of matching volunteers to the Festival needs this year, we ask all potential volunteers, even returning volunteers, to complete our yearly interest form. We ask you for your contact information, which roles you are particularly interested in, and your availability during the Festival weekend. Armed with your Interest Form answers, our Volunteer Coordinator, Jenny Gardiner will be in touch with you individually in late Fall as we begin to assign roles.
Please note, submitting an interest form does not guarantee you will be offered a role, as we tend to receive more applications than positions each year.2017 Volunteer Interest Form
Overview and Requirements
Volunteering for the VFF is a wonderful way to give back to your community, meet new friends, and see amazing films and filmmakers. Each year, we look for volunteers to fill the roles listed below.
- Event Set Up and Breakdown
- Family Day Staff
- Office Support
- Party Staff
- Publicity and Photography
- Screening Venue Ushers
- Venue Managers
- For those who have volunteered before, you will need to complete a volunteer interest form every year.
- Age: The minimum age to volunteer at the VFF is 15.
- Training: All volunteers are expected to attend our Volunteer Kick-Off and Training Session on Monday, November 6, 2017.
- Party Volunteers: All party volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
- Drivers: All drivers must have a valid driver’s license, agree to a DMV and criminal background check, complete an online form to initiate the required background checks, be familiar with the local area, and be at least 25 years old.
VFF Volunteers rock! As a way to say thank you, all of our 2017 Volunteers receive:
- Uniform: A complimentary Volunteer badge, lanyard, and long-sleeve t-shirt
- Party: An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party in mid-November
- Private Screening: An invitation to a Volunteer-only private screening in mid-November
- Merchandise Discount: A 20% discount of VFF merch
Please note: You are not considered a volunteer, thus do not qualify for the benefits above, until you are scheduled to work a shift.
Tools for 2017 Volunteer
Once you have received confirmation that you will be a 2017 VFF volunteer, you can use the Virginia Film Festival’s Volunteer Portal via the button below to check your schedule, record your volunteer service hours, and much more…anytime, and from any device.
Additional Volunteer Resources:
- Descriptions of our Volunteer Roles
- 2017 Volunteer Manual
- List of VFF venues with addresses and parking options