Current Job Openings
We are now accepting applications for our 2021 seasonal positions. Available positions include:
- Communications Coordinator: this position will work with Festival staff to plan and implement paid advertising, outreach marketing, and social media campaigns around the 5-day Festival and will also support media relations, copywriting, box office reporting, and website maintenance.
- Guest Services Coordinator: this position serves as the main point of contact for both in-person guest artists as well as virtual guests artist leading up to and during the Virginia Film Festival.
- Production Coordinator: this position serves as the main point of contact for the Festival’s virtual screenings, coordinating film presentation for virtual platform leading up to and during the Festival as well as assisting with print trafficking for in-person films.
All seasonal positions take place from mid-August 2021 to early-November 2021 with a pay rate of $15/hour. The University of Virginia is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. Women, minorities, veterans, and persons with disabilities are encouraged to apply. To apply, follow the job description and instructions linked here:
2021 Internship Program
Virginia Film Festival hosts an intensive internship program each year that gives four students hands-on experience in all aspects of planning and running a five-day festival. Our internships are open only to current, full-time University of Virginia students.
2021 Internships are available in the following key areas:
- Programming (Summer through Fall)
- Production (Fall Only)
- Publicity & Marketing (Fall Only)
- Special Projects (Fall Only)
For details about each position and how to apply visit the 2021 internship description here.
We are now accepting applications for the 2021 Internship Program. Qualified candidates will possess excellent verbal and written communication skills, and the ability to organize and execute tasks in a fast-paced environment. Applicants must be detail-oriented, self-motivated, flexible, and be able to work in a team situation.
To apply: submit your résumé, cover letter, and requested supplemental materials found on the 2021 Internship Description document.