Tools for Volunteers
Once you have received confirmation that you will be a 2018 VFF volunteer, you can use the Virginia Film Festival’s Volunteer Portal via the button below to check your schedule, record your volunteer service hours, and much more…anytime, and from any device.
Additional Volunteer Resources:
- Descriptions of our Volunteer Roles
- 2018 Volunteer Manual
- List of VFF venues with addresses and parking options
Volunteer Interest Form
Please note that we are no longer recruiting volunteers for the 2018 Virginia Film Festival. 2019 volunteer recruitment will begin in the summer of 2019.
To facilitate the process of matching volunteers to the Festival needs this year, we ask all potential volunteers, even returning volunteers, to complete our yearly interest form. We ask you for your contact information, which roles you are particularly interested in, and your availability during the Festival weekend. Armed with your Interest Form answers, our Volunteer Coordinator, Jenny Gardiner will be in touch with you individually in late Fall as we begin to assign roles.
Please note the following:
- Pay special attention to entering your email address correctly on our volunteer interest form. After submitting this form, you will receive an automatic confirmation from us. If you do not receive this confirmation within 24 hours of submitting your form, then you likely entered your email address incorrectly and we suggest you either re-apply or contact our Volunteer Coordinator at email@example.com. Given the volume of applications we receive, if we receive a interest form with an invalid email, we will delete the form from our database.
- Submitting an interest form does not guarantee you will be offered a role, as we tend to receive more applications than positions each year.
Family Day Volunteer Interest Form
Please note that we are no longer recruiting volunteers for the VAFF’s 2018 Family Day. 2019 volunteer recruitment will begin in the summer of 2019.
On Saturday, November 3, 2018, VAFF is looking for UVA student and community members to support free and inclusive activities celebrating the arts for families of all ages. Family Day features educational workshops; family-friendly film screenings of all-ages shorts and Disney/Pixar’s Coco; the premiere of Young Filmmakers Academy student movies; a Musical Instrument Petting Zoo hosted by the Charlottesville Symphony at the University of Virginia; and an interactive arts fair with demonstrations by UVA groups and crafts for students of all ages.2018 Family Day Volunteer Form
Overview and Requirements
Volunteering for the VAFF is a wonderful way to give back to your community, meet new friends, and see amazing films and filmmakers. Each year, we look for volunteers to fill the roles listed below.
- Event Set Up and Breakdown
- Family Day Staff
- Office Support
- Party Staff
- Publicity and Photography
- Screening Venue Ushers
- Venue Managers
- For those who have volunteered before, you will need to complete a volunteer interest form every year.
- Age: The minimum age to volunteer at the VFF is 15.
- Training: All volunteers are expected to attend our Volunteer Kick-Off and Training Session on Monday, October 29, 2018.
- Party Volunteers: All party volunteers must be at least 21 years old.
- Drivers: All drivers must have a valid driver’s license, agree to a DMV and criminal background check, complete an online form to initiate the required background checks, be familiar with the local area, and be at least 25 years old.
VAFF Volunteers rock! As a way to say thank you, all of our 2018 Volunteers receive:
- Uniform: A complimentary Volunteer badge, lanyard, and long-sleeve t-shirt
- Party: An invitation to the Volunteer Appreciation Party in mid-November
- Private Screening: An invitation to a Volunteer-only private screening in mid-November
- Merchandise Discount: A 20% discount off Festival merchandise purchases
Please note: You are not considered a volunteer, thus do not qualify for the benefits above, until you are scheduled to work a shift.