How Can I Order My Tickets?
Beginning at noon on Tuesday, October 5, 2021, tickets to the 2021 Virginia Film Festival are available through the following outlets.
Online by browsing the interactive film guide on our schedule page. Online sales begin at 1:00 PM on Monday, September 30 and continue through the Festival weekend to allow ticket purchases up to two hours prior to each film.
Over the phone through the UVA Arts Box Office at (434) 924-3376, open Tues-Fri from noon to 5:00 PM.
In Person at the following box office locations:
- UVA Arts Box Office in the lobby of the UVA Drama Building, open Tues-Fri from noon to 5:00 PM
- Festival Headquarters, located inside Violet Crown on the Downtown Mall, open during the 5 days of the Festival, Oct. 27-31 from 10:00 AM to the start of the last film each day.
You will have the option to select to have your tickets mailed to you, held at will-call, or delivered as e-tickets to your email address.
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Matinees prior to 5:00 PM: TBD
Evening screenings: TBD
Premier Screenings: TBD
Drive-In Movies: TBD (sold per vehicle)
Discounts are available for most evening screenings to senior citizens (60+), students with ID, children, UVA faculty and staff, and local educators.
Group Tickets: We offer a $1 off each ticket to groups of 20 or more. Contact the UVA Arts Box Office for more details.
Service Fees: The UVA Arts Box Office will collect a $1.50 per ticket processing fee for all Virginia Film Festival online and phone ticket. Additional charges will occur for mail orders and ticket reprints. See the UVA Arts Box Office Policies page for more information.
How Can I Pay For Tickets?
We accept all major credit cards and checks at all of our in-person box office locations. Checks should be made payable to: UVA –Arts Box Office. Cash payments are also accepted at the UVA Arts Box Office location.
All sales are final. There will be no refunds or exchanges.
If you are unable to attend an event, you may be eligible to return tickets for a charitable contribution income tax deduction for the face value of the tickets (any handling fees cannot be included). Tickets must be returned to the UVA Arts Box Office at least two business days in advance of the event.
What If I'm a Full-Time Student at UVA?
All full-time UVA students can receive one complimentary ticket to all films, as available, made possible by the Art$ program. These student tickets must be reserved in advance and are not available the day of a film or at the door of an event. The tickets must be picked up prior to the film at the UVA Arts Box Office or at Festival Headquarters.
Can I Get Tickets During the Four Days of the Festival?
Absolutely! Here’s how:
- UVA Arts Box Office
- Wed, Oct 27: Noon–5:00 PM
- Thurs, Oct 28: Noon–5:00 PM, TBD
- Fri, Oct 29: Noon–5:00 PM, TBD
- Sat, Oct 30: TBD
- Sun, Oct 31: TBD
- The Festival Headquarters at Violet Crown: Open from 10:00 AM until the start of the final screening or event each day of the Festival, Oct. 27-31.
- At The Paramount Theater: The VAFF Box Office will open at The Paramount Theater one hour before each screening or event.
- Online: Tickets can be purchased online up to one hour prior to each film.
What If Tickets Are Unavailable?
You are in luck! Unclaimed tickets may become available at the door. Here are details:
- Ten minutes before a film begins, we will sell unclaimed tickets to patrons waiting in a standby line.
- We do not have control over when standby lines will begin to form, and therefore we cannot advise patrons on an arrival time to join or form a line.
- We do not permit the saving of places in standby lines, and a max of four tickets per person will be sold.
- While there is no guarantee that we will have unclaimed tickets at the door, we typically do have a small number to release to a standby line.
Anything Else I Need to Know?
- Seating for each screening will begin approximately 30 minutes before the stated screening time.
- Arrive on time! Admission to theaters may be restricted after the film has begun.
- Be conscious of venue locations! Many are across town, so plan your film schedule accordingly.
A gift certificate to the Virginia Film Festival is a great way to share the VAFF experience with your friends, family, and colleagues. Our gift certificates have no expiration date and can be used to purchase tickets and merchandise through the UVA Arts Box Office.