How Can I Order My Tickets?
Beginning at noon on Monday, October 8, 2018, tickets to the 2018 Virginia Film Festival are available through the following outlets.
Online by browsing the interactive film guide on our schedule page. Online sales begin at noon on Monday, October 8 and continue through the Festival weekend to allow ticket purchases up to one hour prior to each film.
Over the phone at (434) 924-3376, open M–F from noon to 5:00 PM.
In Person at the following box office locations:
- UVA Arts Box Office in the lobby of the UVA Drama Building, open M-F from noon to 5:00 PM
- Festival Headquarters, located inside Violet Crown on the Downtown Mall, beginning Wednesday, Oct. 24, M-Sat from noon-6:00 PM and Sun from noon-5:00 PM
Online and phone orders received through Friday, Oct. 26 will be mailed, after which orders must be picked up in advance at one of our in-person box office locations, listed below.
Remember, will-call tickets will not be available for pickup at the door to an event or screening. You must pick them up in advance at one of our box office locations!
How Much Do Tickets Cost?
Matinees prior to 5:00 PM: $11.00
Evening screenings: $13.00
Premier Screenings: $15.00 and up (may vary based on screening)
Opening Night Gala: $75.00
Late Night Wrap Party: $45.00
Discounts are available for most evening screenings to senior citizens (60+), students with ID, children, UVA faculty and staff, and local educators.
Group Tickets: We offer a $1 off each ticket to groups of 20 or more. Contact the UVA Arts Box Office for more details.
Per Order Processing Fees: The UVA Arts Box Office will collect a per order service and processing fee of $3.75 for all Virginia Film Festival online and phone ticket and merch orders.
How Can I Pay For Tickets?
We accept all major credit cards, as well as cash and check at our in-person box office locations. Checks should be made payable to: UVA –Arts Box Office.
All sales are final. There will be no refunds or exchanges.
If you are unable to attend an event, you may be eligible to return tickets for a charitable contribution income tax deduction for the face value of the tickets (any handling fees cannot be included). Tickets must be returned to the UVA Arts Box Office at least two business days in advance of the event.
What If I'm a Full-Time Student at UVA?
All full-time UVA students can receive one complimentary ticket to all films, as available, made possible by the Art$ program. These student tickets must be reserved in advance and are not available the day of a film or at the door of an event. The tickets must be picked up prior to the film at the UVA Arts Box Office or at Festival Headquarters.
Can I Get Tickets During the Four Days of the Festival?
Absolutely! Here’s how:
- UVA Arts Box Office
- Nov. 1: Noon–5:00 PM, 7:00 PM–8:00 PM
- Nov. 2: Noon–5:00 PM
- Nov. 3: Noon–5:00 PM, 5:30 PM–6:30 PM, 8:15 PM–9:15 PM
- Nov. 4: 10:00 AM–5:00 PM, 6:30 PM–7:30 PM
- The Festival Headquarters at Violet Crown: Open from 10:00 AM until the start of the final screening or event each day of the Festival, Nov. 1.4.
- Screening and Event Venues:Box Offices at our remote venues will be open only during the Festival, one hour before each screening or event. Please note that remote venues only accept cash or check payments.
- Online: Tickets can be purchased online up to one hour prior to each film.
What If Tickets Are Unavailable?
You are in luck! Unclaimed tickets may become available at the door. Here are details:
- Ten minutes before a film begins, we will sell unclaimed tickets to patrons waiting in a standby line.
- We do not have control over when standby lines will begin to form, and therefore we cannot advise patrons on an arrival time to join or form a line.
- We do not permit the saving of places in standby lines, and a max of four tickets per person will be sold.
- While there is no guarantee that we will have unclaimed tickets at the door, we typically do have a small number to release to a standby line.
Anything Else I Need to Know?
- Seating for each screening will begin approximately 30 minutes before the stated screening time.
- Arrive on time! Admission to theaters may be restricted after the film has begun.
- Be conscious of venue locations! Many are across town, so plan your film schedule accordingly.
- Orders received through Friday, Oct. 26 will be mailed, and orders placed after Oct. 26 must be picked up in advance at the Arts Box Office or Festival Headquarters.
- Please do not forget…Will-call tickets are not available for pickup at screening venues. You must pick them up in advance from one of our in-person box office locations. Be sure to bring your confirmation email with you to pick up will-call tickets.
A gift certificate to the Virginia Film Festival is a great way to share the VAFF experience with your friends, family, and colleagues. Our gift certificates have no expiration date and can be used to purchase tickets and merchandise through the UVA Arts Box Office.