How to Order Tickets
Beginning at NOON on Tuesday, October 18, 2022, tickets to the 2022 Virginia Film Festival are available through the following channels:
Online by browsing the interactive film guide on our schedule page. Online sales begin at noon on Tuesday, October 18 and continue through the Festival weekend to allow ticket purchases up to two hours prior to each film.
Over the phone through the UVA Arts Box Office at (434) 924-3376, open Tues-Fri from noon to 5:00 PM.
In Person at on of the box office locations listed below.
Box Office Locations & Hours
Main Box Office Locations
UVA Arts Box Office
Located on UVA Grounds, in the lobby of the UVA Drama Building
109 Culbreth Road, Charlottesville, VA 22903
- Business Hours: Tuesday-Friday from Noon-5PM
- Extended hours during the Festival:
- Thurs, Nov. 3: Noon-5PM , 7-8PM
- Fri, Nov. 4: Noon-5PM , 7-8PM
- Sat, Nov. 5: 6-7PM
- Sun, Nov. 6: 10-11AM, 1:30-2:30PM, 4:30-5:30PM, 7:15-8:15PM
Festival Headquarters & Downtown Box Office
Located inside Violet Crown Cinema on the Downtown Mall
200 W Main St, Charlottesville, VA 22902
Opens on Monday, October 31!
- Mon, Oct 31: Noon-5PM
- Tues, Nov 1: Noon-5PM
- Wed, Nov. 2: Noon-7PM
- Thurs, Nov. 3: Noon-9PM
- Fri, Nov. 4: 10AM-8:45PM
- Sat, Nov. 5: 10AM-9:15PM
- Sun, Nov. 6: 10AM-8:30PM
Additional Locations, open only during the five days of the Festival
VAFF Box Office @ The Paramount Theater: Provides ticket sales and will-call pick up for screenings held at The Paramount only, open one hour before each screening.
VAFF Box Office @ Vinegar Hill Theatre: Provides ticket sales and will-call pick up for screenings held at Vingear Hill only, open one hour before each screening.
VAFF Box Office @ The Jefferson Theater: Providing ticket sales and will-call pick up for the Opening Night Gala only, open Wednesday, Nov. 2 from 9-10:30PM.
VAFF Box Office @ Three Notch’d Brewery: Providing ticket sales and will-call pick up for the Late Night Wrap Party only, open Saturday, Nov 5 from 9:30-11PM.
Ticket Prices & Delivery
Matinees prior to 5PM: $12
Evening screenings: $14 adult / $12 discounted (see below)
Select Special Screenings: $20
Available for most evening screenings to senior citizens (60+), students with ID, children, UVA faculty and staff, and local educators.
We offer a $1 off each ticket to groups of 20 or more. Contact the UVA Arts Box Office for more details.
The UVA Arts Box Office will collect a $1.50 per ticket processing fee on all Virginia Film Festival ticket orders. Additional charges will occur for ticket reprints. See the UVA Arts Box Office Policies page for more information.
You have the option to request Print-At-Home tickets while will be electronically delivered to you or for paper tickets to held at will-call for pick up at one of our in-person box office locations, listed above. Note: If you selected PAH as your delivery method, your tickets were emailed to you as a PDF attachment from email@example.com with the subject Your Print At Home Ticket(s).
Misplaced Your Tickets?
You may visit our box office to request a ticket reprint for a fee, or you can login to your UVA Arts Box Office account here and navigate to Upcoming Events to view your ticket(s) in a mobile-friendly version. Mobile tickets are only available one hour prior to the start of each event and will display a QR code that can be presented at the door for scanning.
Please note a confirmation email is not a ticket, and each person in your party must present a ticket with a unique barcode to be scanned for entry.
UVA Students Get Free Tickets!
All full-time UVA students can receive one complimentary ticket to all films, as available, made possible by the Art$ program. These student tickets must be reserved in advance and are not available the day of a film or at the door of an event.
Reserve your Art$ tickets here!
What If Tickets Advance Tickets Sell Out?
You are in luck! Unclaimed tickets may become available at the door. Here are details:
- Ten minutes before a film begins, we will sell unclaimed tickets to patrons waiting in a standby line.
- We do not have control over when standby lines will begin to form, and therefore we cannot advise patrons on an arrival time to join or form a line.
- We do not permit the saving of places in standby lines, and a max of four tickets per person will be sold.
- While there is no guarantee that we will have unclaimed tickets at the door, we typically do have a small number to release to a standby line.
Anything Else I Need to Know?
- Seating for each screening will begin approximately 30 minutes before the stated screening time.
- Arrive on time! Admission to theaters may be restricted after the film has begun.
- Be conscious of venue locations! Many are across town, so plan your film schedule accordingly.