Support the VAFF
Your company’s partnership with the VAFF aligns your mission with a beloved arts institution that combines an increasing regional and national profile with an ongoing commitment to, and impact on, our local community’s economic vitality and cultural vibrancy. Your support will go directly into ensuring an excellent program, all while giving you an opportunity to connect with a highly educated and engaged audience. Our sponsors are important partners in the VAFF’s mission to present a highly engaging and entertaining Festival that celebrates the art of film and meaningfully connects our community year after year
To inquire about this year’s opportunities, please contact Lizzy Ramey at SupportVAFF@virginia.edu or 434-924-1308, and we will put together a sponsorship proposal that fits your needs. We look forward to working with you to craft your ideal participation with the Virginia Film Festival!
Our rich set of events and activities offers your company the perfect exposure to a valuable and diverse group of consumers, tourists, and community leaders. Please see below for a selection of past sponsorship opportunities.
- BRAND ACTIVATION
- Sponsor a Film or Film Series
- Present a VAFF Special Event
- Support the VAFF Volunteer Program
- Partner on an Outreach and Education Program
- Underwrite the VAFF @ Violet Crown Year-Round Film Series
- Materials in Filmmakers and Sponsor Lounge
- Brand placement on Ticket Backs, Will-Call Envelopes, and Lanyards
- Branded Industry Welcome Bag opportunities
- Festival Program and Website
- On-Screen Advertising
- Step and Repeat Banner
- Press Releases and TV Commercials
- Event Signage
See who is part of our current network of sponsors.
Given our 30+ years of experience, we have the ability to tailor a unique sponsorship package to meet your marketing and budget goals. Please reach out to our development staff to receive a partnership proposal. Please see below for a selection of past sponsorship benefits.
- Stakeholders Reception: Invitation to the first official, public event of the VAFF season with the chance to connect with other film-lovers and enjoy delicious food and drink.
- Launch Party: Be the first to hear our lineup of films, events, and guests at this annual sneak preview party.
- Sponsor Soiree: Join filmmakers, industry guests, and your fellow sponsors to toast the Festival at this festive private reception, held right before our Opening Night Film.
- Producer’s Club Reception and Industry Nights: Enjoy exclusive access to intimate gatherings with the VAFF’s top industry guests.
- Filmmakers and Sponsors Lounge: Located on Charlottesville’s historic Downtown Mall, the Lounge is an exclusive space for donors, sponsors, actors, and filmmakers to meet, interact, and refuel between screenings.
- Advance Ticket Access: Skip the lines and get early access to tickets before they go on sale to the public.
- Film and special event ticket packages
- Opening Night Gala: An annual VAFF highlight, this comfortably elegant affair offers supporters and friends an opportunity to join special guests to officially kick off the Festival.
- Late Night Wrap Party: Celebrate the Festival on Saturday night with an evening of music, dancing, and pure fun.
- Concierge Ticket Service: Our personal concierge service ensures the best Virginia Film Festival experience.
Contact Lizzy Ramey at SupportVAFF@virginia.edu or 434-924-1308, and we will put together a sponsorship proposal that fits your needs. We look forward to working with you to craft your ideal participation with the Virginia Film Festival!
Click below to view a visualization of our 2022 Annual Report which summarizes the success, scope, and diversity of our 35th annual Virginia Film Festival.View Annual Report