The Festival Ambassadors program is a month-long opportunity for UVA students to gain hands-on experience in the entertainment industry through event coordination, publicity, and marketing.
Ambassadors may be responsible for:
- Creating original promotional content for festival programming
- Coordinating and publicizing film screenings to the UVA community
- Planning on-Grounds initiatives to raise awareness of Festival events and increase student engagement
- Chalking across Grounds to increase social media presence
- Partnering with senior staff to support the 2021 Virginia Film Festival and its programs
Festival Ambassadors will receive:
- VAFF swag
- Complimentary group meal to kick-off the Ambassadors program
- Complimentary group meal during Festival weekend
- Opportunities to meet and network with VAFF staff and guests
Please note, this is a volunteer position. Festival Ambassadors will be expected to commit 1-2 hours / week.
All UVA undergraduate and graduate, part-time and full-time students of any year are welcome to apply. First and second year students are especially encouraged to apply.
We are accepting applications from September 15, 2021 through September 24, 2021. Apply here!
If you have any questions, please email Melissa Zhu email@example.com with the subject line “Ambassadors Program”.