Use Google Chrome for Best Experience
You are using an old version of Internet Explorer. Our site is developed with the latest technology, which is not supported by older browsers
We recommend that you use Google Chrome for accessing our (or any) website. It is a FREE and modern web-browser which supports the latest web technologies offering you a cleaner and more secure browsing experience.
In light of the evolving COVID-19 situation, our 5-day Film Festival will shift to a virtual format this fall. Below you will find an archive of the Virginia Film Festival's Ambassadors program, which gives University of Virginia students the opportunity to gain hands-on experience in event-planning and entertainment publicity.
The Festival Ambassadors program is a month-long opportunity for UVA students to gain hands-on experience in the entertainment industry through event coordination, publicity, and marketing.
Ambassadors will be responsible for:
- Creating original promotional content for festival programming
- Coordinating and publicizing the late night on-Grounds film series
- Planning on-Grounds initiatives to raise awareness of Festival events and increase student engagement
- Partnering with senior staff to support the 2019 Virginia Film Festival and its programs
Festival Ambassadors will receive:
- VAFF merchandise
- Complimentary group meal to kick-off the Ambassadors program
- Complimentary group meal during program check-in
- Opportunities to meet and network with VAFF staff and guests
Please note, this is a volunteer position. Festival Ambassadors will be expected to commit 1-2 hours / week.
All UVA undergraduate and graduate, part-time and full-time students of any year are welcome to apply. First and second year students are especially encouraged to apply.
We are not currently accepting applications.