Family Day 2014
Saturday, November 8
On the Betsy and John Casteen Arts Grounds at U.Va.
(Located on Culbreth Road, between Rugby Road and University Avenue)
- Celebrate the 75th anniversary of The Wizard of Oz with a special free screening
- Enroll in free film-inspired workshops led by U.Va. faculty, students, and community organizations, including audition techniques, dance routines, make-up application, and improv fun. Register for limited spaces at www.virginiafilmfestival.org/workshops
- Hear, see, touch, and learn at the Musical Instrument Petting Zoo hosted by the Charlottesville Symphony at the University of Virginia
- Drop by the outdoor Interactive Arts Festival for an afternoon full of demonstrations, activities, and performances featuring U.Va. a cappella and improv groups
- Discover up-and-coming youth filmmakers at the VFF’s Young Filmmakers Academy
- Dress up Hollywood style and enjoy your own red carpet experience
- Stop by the The Fralin Museum of Art to check out how Charlottesville area youth interpret Gordon Parks in film
- Convenient and FREE parking at the Culbreth Road Garage
The Virginia Film Festival seeks to engage its community year-round through hands-on programs for children and young adults and partnerships with a variety of local organizations. Our work would not be possible without the support of our community including individual and corporate sponsors. To learn more or to become a sponsor, visit www.virginiafilmfestival.org/individual-sponsorship, or email [email protected].
The Family Day at the 2014 Virginia Film Festival is generously supported by the Office of the Provost and the Vice Provost for the Arts, CenturyLink, Foxfield Racing Association, Charlottesville Newsplex, and Lite Rock Z95.1.
The Virginia Film Festival’s 2014 Community Outreach and Education Program is generously supported by the Bama Works Fund of Dave Matthews Band in CACF and The Sarah Lahr Educational Fund.