Today, the Virginia Film Festival’s mission is:
- To educate and engage audiences of all ages in an open dialogue on the art of film;
- To promote discussions between artists, students, academics, and audiences about film and how they relate to the world in which we live, and
- To support the films and filmmakers of the Commonwealth of Virginia
Engaging the community is an integral part of our mission, and your support allows us to maintain a robust year-round presence through education partnerships with area school systems and community participation efforts across the Commonwealth. Our Outreach and Education programs engage thousands of lives each year, and include:
- Family Day
- Young Filmmakers Academy
- Action! High School Director Competition
- Educational School Screenings
- Adrenaline Film Project
About Your Donation to the Festival: All donors of $100 or more will be publicly recognized as Festival donors, unless you instruct otherwise. All donors of $2,500 or more will be recognized as members of the University of Virginia Rotunda Society. You will receive a charitable tax receipt for the maximum allowable amount of your donation. If you wish to decline the membership benefits to receive the full tax deduction, please indicate so by checking the “decline benefits” box on the online form.
For more information, please contact Mary Kate Delaney Bray 434-924-1308 or SupportVFF@virginia.edu.